Volunteer advocates are required to:
1. Attend a 20-hour training program.
2. Attend regularly scheduled meetings.
3. Attend in-service training provided to promote knowledge and skills necessary to provide services to victims of rape and sexual assault and their families/significant others.
4. Be available for two (2) shifts per month for one (1) year, effective upon the successful completion of the Volunteer Crisis Worker Training.
5. Be responsible for notifying the Program Director or STAR Staff member on professional back up if unable to fulfill assigned shift.
6. Inform the Program Director or STAR Staff of any cases or calls received within a twenty-four (24) hour period. Complete all reports required for client records and return to STAR within two business days following the initial contact with the victim.
Download the volunteer application. (Word doc)
Contact us to learn more about volunteering for Lighthouse.